Descrease article font size
Increase article font size
Authorities confirmed that a pilot from Ontario has been found deceased after his aircraft failed to land as planned last week.
Earlier this week, police discovered debris from his plane at Wolf Lake in Queen Elizabeth II Provincial Park. On Wednesday, the OPP reported that searchers had located the submerged aircraft on Tuesday and confirmed the pilot’s death.
An extraction plan is currently being arranged by investigators.
David Douglas, 73, was reported missing on Friday after Durham Regional Police indicated that his plane took off from Oshawa Executive Airport around 8:30 a. m. He was due back an hour later but didn’t return, leading to a search effort.
Source link
Get breaking National news
Get breaking Canada news delivered to your inbox as it happens so you won’t miss a trending story. The large-scale rescue operation kicked off over the weekend, involving members of Durham police, OPP and Trenton Joint Rescue Coordination Centre. “Although not the outcome we wanted, we hope the efforts of all #SAR units will aid in the continued search,” JRCC stated Monday in a post on X. Story continues below Before Douglas’ death was confirmed, Richard Wiltshire, a cousin of the pilot’s, told that David had been flying for many years and enjoyed leisure flying. More on Canada More videos “This trip is, my understanding, this trip is quite normal for him to go on a flight,” Wiltshire said. The circumstances surrounding the crash are now under investigation by the Transportation Safety Board of Canada, with OPP providing assistance as needed. The TSB announced it would send a team of investigators near Minden Hills, Ont. to gather information and evaluate what happened. “The OPP extends its sincere condolences to the pilot’s family and loved ones and thanks members of the public who provided information, support and assistance throughout the search effort,” OPP said. & copy 2026 , a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.Source link








