Close Menu
  • Home
  • London
  • St Thomas
  • Toronto
  • Oakville
  • Ottawa
    • Hamilton
    • Richmond Hill
    • Vaughan
    • Windsor
    • Simcoe
    • Smiths Falls
    • St. Catharines
    • Thunder Bay
    • Tillsonburg
    • Vaughan
    • Wasaga Beach
    • Waterloo
    • Whitby
    • Windsor
    • Hamilton
    • Kitchener
    • Oakville
    • Ottawa
    • Perth
    • Peterborough
    • Pickering
    • Port Elgin
    • Renfrew
    • Richmond Hill
  • Contact us
What's Hot
Vaughan Harris, 1958-2026

Vaughan Harris, 1958-2026

February 16, 2026
Celebrating Family Day in Durham: Open and Closed Locations

Celebrating Family Day in Durham: Open and Closed Locations

February 16, 2026
Young Ontario Boy Thrives with New Baking Venture

Young Ontario Boy Thrives with New Baking Venture

February 16, 2026
Flood Warnings Issued for Southern Ontario

Flood Warnings Issued for Southern Ontario

February 16, 2026
Tragic Crash Claims Life on Highway 407

Tragic Crash Claims Life on Highway 407

February 16, 2026
Facebook Instagram
Facebook Instagram
Ontario Chronicle: Latest Ontario News, Local InsighsOntario Chronicle: Latest Ontario News, Local Insighs
Subscribe
  • Home
  • London
  • St Thomas
  • Toronto
  • Oakville
  • Ottawa
    • Hamilton
    • Richmond Hill
    • Vaughan
    • Windsor
    • Simcoe
    • Smiths Falls
    • St. Catharines
    • Thunder Bay
    • Tillsonburg
    • Vaughan
    • Wasaga Beach
    • Waterloo
    • Whitby
    • Windsor
    • Hamilton
    • Kitchener
    • Oakville
    • Ottawa
    • Perth
    • Peterborough
    • Pickering
    • Port Elgin
    • Renfrew
    • Richmond Hill
  • Contact us
Ontario Chronicle: Latest Ontario News, Local InsighsOntario Chronicle: Latest Ontario News, Local Insighs
Home » USA Politics » FBI Refuses to Share Evidence in Pretti Case
Views: 541
USA Politics

FBI Refuses to Share Evidence in Pretti Case

February 16, 20263 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
FBI Refuses to Share Evidence in Pretti Case
KEYT
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
By Holmes Lybrand, CNN

(CNN) – Hopes that the FBI would share information gathered in the investigation into Alex Pretti’s killing with state investigators in Minnesota have shattered.

Despite initial statements following a meeting with White House border czar Tom Homan, Minnesota’s Bureau of Criminal Apprehension said in a statement Monday that the FBI informed it last week that it would not share information.

The BCA stated it received notice from the bureau on Friday.

“While this lack of cooperation is concerning and unprecedented,” state investigators said in their statement, “the BCA is committed to thorough, independent and transparent investigations of these incidents, even if hampered by a lack of access to key information and evidence.”

CNN has reached out to the FBI for comment.

State investigators mentioned they “will continue to pursue all legal avenues to gain access to relevant information and evidence.” County officials and the BCA filed a lawsuit on the same day Pretti was fatally shot by immigration agents, suing the federal government for access to investigative material in the case.

The FBI’s refusal – which breaks precedent in such investigations – aligns with the administration’s confusing handling of recent killings involving Department of Homeland Security officers and agents.

Previously, federal officials declined to share any evidence with the BCA and opted not to initiate a civil rights investigation focusing on Border Patrol officers who shot and killed Pretti. Days later, amid ongoing backlash, Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche softly reversed course, stating that a civil rights investigation into Pretti’s death would be opened but that it would follow a normal federal investigation path.

“We’re looking at everything that would shed light on that day,” Blanche said last month when announcing the investigation.

“I don’t want to overstate what is happening,” he added. “I don’t want the takeaway to be there is some massive civil rights investigation. I would describe it as a standard investigation by the FBI.”

Homeland Security’s investigative agency led the probe with the FBI acting in a supportive role after Pretti’s killing. When the BCA attempted to access the scene right after Pretti was killed in January, they were blocked by federal officials.

A few days after Pretti’s death, the FBI took over but still refused to share information with the BCA.

“Minnesota needs impartial investigations into the shootings of American citizens on our streets,” Gov. Tim Walz said Monday on X. “Trump’s left hand cannot investigate his right hand. The families of the deceased deserve better.”

The lack of cooperation between federal and local state investigators extends to Renee Good’s killing and Julio Sosa-Celis’ case, who was shot in his leg by an Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent, according to BCA’s statement.

When an ICE officer shot and killed Good, quickly cut off local Minnesota investigators from proceeding further with their inquiry. The FBI then shifted its focus towards whether Good or those around her had committed any crime against the officer instead of examining his conduct during her shooting.

The-CNN-Wire
™ & © 2026 Cable News Network, Inc., a Warner Bros. Discovery Company. All rights reserved.


Source link

Alex evidence FBI hopes Investigators killing Prettis share shattered state U.S. Politics U.S. Politics News United States Political News USA politics
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleBail Denied for London Explosives Case Suspect
Next Article Theft Rates Surge in Kingston Since Pandemic
Avatar of Lauren Chen
Lauren Chen
  • Website

Related Posts

Local School Boards Unite After B.C. Tragedy
Thunder Bay

Local School Boards Unite After B.C. Tragedy

February 16, 2026
Delhi Resident Cleared of Friend’s Murder Charges
Simcoe

Delhi Resident Cleared of Friend’s Murder Charges

February 16, 2026
Former Prosecutor Calls Pirro’s Indictment Failure Unbelievable
USA Politics

Former Prosecutor Calls Pirro’s Indictment Failure Unbelievable

February 16, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Stay updated with the latest news and exclusive content from Ontario Chronicle, delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up now and never miss a story!

loader

At Ontario Chronicle, we are dedicated to bringing you the latest news and updates from across the vibrant cities of Ontario, Canada. From the bustling streets of Brampton to the serene landscapes of Burlington, from the cultural hub of Hamilton to the historic charm of London.

We're social. Connect with us:

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Top Insights
Flooding Threat from Snow Melt in Southern Ontario

Flooding Threat from Snow Melt in Southern Ontario

February 16, 2026
Skateboarder Injured in Kitchener Collision

Skateboarder Injured in Kitchener Collision

February 16, 2026
Bail Denied for London Explosives Case Suspect

Bail Denied for London Explosives Case Suspect

February 16, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • DMCA
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
© 2026 OntarioChronicle.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.